Terms & Conditions Of Sale
1. DefinitionsThe Company:- means History In The Making, 6 Welbeck Street, Whitwell, Worksop, S80 4TW
The Customer:- means the person or company who buys or agrees to buy goods or services from the company
Delivery Date:- means the date specified by the company when the goods or services are to be delivered.
Goods:- means the articles or services which the customer agrees to buy from the company.
Price:- means the price of the goods excluding carriage packing and insurance.
2. Conditions Applicable2.1 These conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of goods by the company to the customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the customer may purport to apply under any purchase order, conformation of order or similar document.
2.2 All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the customer to purchase goods pursuant to these conditions.
2.3 Acceptance of delivery of goods shall be deemed as conclusive evidence of the customers acceptance of these conditions.
2.4 Any variations to these conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the company.
3. The Price and Payment3.1 The price shall be the price set out on the order. The price shall be binding on the company for a period of two months from the date of the document.
3.2 Prices for clothing are for machine made, hand finished garments. Prices for fully handmade garments available on request.
3.3 An initial deposit is required before work can commence with additional payments if necessary to cover all material costs.
3.4 Fittings to take place at the company's address unless otherwise agreed. A fee shall be charged for fittings outside the business premises to cover costs incurred.
3.5 Work will not commence until a deposit has been paid. Any delay in this means deadlines cannot be guaranteed, and ,may result in an extra charge.
3.6 Deposits are non refundable in the event of cancellation of orders.
3.7 Payment of the price is due on or before delivery unless the customer has agreed credit facilities with the company in which case payment must be made within 7 days otherwise interest payments of 8% per week will accrue.
3.8 The title of the goods shall not pass from the company until the customer has paid the price and any carriage and packing costs in full and no other sums are due from the customer to the company.
3.9 The company reserves the right to charge for any drawings and or designs in the event of no order resulting and or such drawings or designs not being returned.
4. Delivery of the Goods4.1 Delivery shall be made at the company's place of business unless the company agrees to deliver the goods in which case the goods shall be delivered to such address or place as is agreed on the delivery date. The customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
4.2 The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever due to failure by the company to deliver the goods promptly or at all.
4.3 Notwithstanding that the company may have delayed or failed to deliver the goods the customer shall be bound to accept delivery and to pay for the goods in full provided that the delivery shall be tendered at any time within 3 months of the delivery date.
4.4 Risk shall pass on delivery of the goods.
5. Acceptance of the Goods5.1 The customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods 14 days after delivery to the customer.
6. Warranties and Liabilities6.1 All terms, conditions and warranties (whether implied or made expressly) whether by the company or its agents or otherwise (other than written warranties) relating to the quality and or fitness of purpose of the goods are excluded.
6.2 The company is in the business of supplying furniture, clothing and related items of a historical nature. The company is not in the business of giving specialist advice to the customer and at no time and in any circumstances should the customer rely upon verbal or written advice of the company, employees or agents.
6.3 The company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the customer for any indirect loss and or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the customer arising out of breech of contract by the company.
6.4 The customer shall satisfy himself that the goods purchased are fit for the purpose for which they are to be used and the company makes no warranty or condition in that regard.